Saturday, January 29, 2011

CLOSER TO THE EDGE OUTSIDE INTERNET MISSION

Hello, in case you don't know me, my name's Sophie.If you're reading this then you are most likely an Echelon.So I guess you pretty much know we are running the Closer to the edge week! We celebrate the success of the song.

During the week we had many missions, created by the Hive, and (I want to hope) that they were successful, because the Echelon did its best.One of the missions (and in my opinion one of the most important ones) was the Outside Internet Promo.Just get in the street & let the world know about Thirty Seconds to Mars.So I decided to contribute to a...different way in this mission (with lovely help from friends!)

We decided to complete the mission.We don't drive a car, so we had to use the bus.With this picture you can see, we got a bit creative in it.People who are gonna use this bus these days, will have a hell of good song recommendations (used crayon!).
Facts: A weird lady was looking at us & we could also write only when the bus stopped at the stations.

Later, we bought (removable) spray.Here is an example of our work.I feel proud at the moment.It's not a big deal but the name looks GOOD.The color is pretty scary but it fits Mars.
Fact: Another guy was staring at us.We painted pretty fast.



So...here we come at the wall painting! Yes that figure in the second picture is mine.I am not a terrorist, I promise.And I retone, the spray is removable.But we had to show the world who leads this place.Or probably this world.This part was the toughest of the mission because we didn't have light (apparently & I apologize for the bad quality) and we had to write over and over again those things.We also wrote 'Yes this is a cult' , 'Welcome to the family' & the symbols but we didn't even bother trying taking a picture since it was too dark.THE SUN WILL RISE TOMORROW THOUGH.Everyone will read the truth.
Fact: I got hurt by a nettle & my buddy was too cold.It was tooooo cold.

Another wall painting in the streets of Athens.The motto we all loved, love and will love forever.The vision of Thirty Seconds to Mars.'Jump and Touch the sky'.
Fact: This took us a lot of time actually.Many people were passing by!

When you see THIS on a wall, I think you just can't ignore it.The wall painting says it all, everyone should get Thirty Seconds To Mars's single 'Closer to the edge'.I think we made it...clear.
Fact: This wall paint was supposed to end up in a different way.But we like it the way it is.



Oh I forgot to tell you.We are greek Echelon.We won't hurt you, we won't bite but we exist.And just because Echelon means so much for the band (for the band members individually) we just had to leave our sign somewhere.We are EVERYWHERE.
Facts: The triad is red in reality.I don't know what's wrong with my BB camera honestly.Also this is a public elevator.

The second part of our mission was to take over the biggest mall in Athens.I think we did a pretty good job...and we're not done yet.



We gave away flyers ( I made them, you can contact me if you want the digital file for print/use/promotion), we talked with people about Thirty Seconds to Mars and mostly we informed them about them.We also asked people to take pictures with these flyers (well while hiding their faces-see some people are shy) and we had so much fun with them.Those pictures are some examples of our idea!
This is my friend. (thank you!)
& that's me.


At the mall we also left some flyers at the phone booth.You know when you are on the phone (specially if it's a boring call) you may take a look at those interesting flyers with those kick-ass inspiring pictures from the 'Closer to the edge' video.



And lastly we left some more flyers...there.I don't know if we were supposed to do that, I reckon this is a post for free press but never mind, those people who will get those flyers will learn the most important fact of the day: that Thirty Seconds to Mars are everywhere.
Fact: My friend wanted us to go & talk to the security guy to snap him with a Mars photo too.Well we will do that someday too, I swear.



So pretty much that was it! I don't wanna say that THE CLOSER TO THE EDGE MISSION IS COMPLETE, because we won't stop just because the week is ending.We will keep fighting & promoting Thirty Seconds to Mars in every possible (and creative) way.
I encourage all of you to get out of your house and let the world know.Let the world know about who taught you how to fly when none didn't.Let the world know about the surpassing talent of those three people.It's not just Tomo, Jared and Shannon.It's something more than that.It's the triad.
Draw the triad everywhere, call your friends, call your local radio stations! As the Hive said get a boombox and go to a park.Make it crazy with your friends.We will dominate the world sooner or later.And regarding the people who don't like what we do...well they'll never gonna like it because in the end they never really tried it.
Shannon, Jared, Tomo (or in any order) if you ever read this, I just want you to know...THE WAR HAS JUST BEGUN.And with this spiritual war, me and the Echelon will support you forever.Love you to bits X


p.s. People if you want to contact me for anything, contact me at Twitter (@30STMVOTE) or via e-mail: vote30stm@yahoo.com


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU.ARE.AMAZING!!! <3!

drgordis said...

wow!! great job there ...!!!!!!

Unknown said...

You're amazing....!Really great and creative work!!!Keep up like this!!!

Dee said...

Nice Sophie! Great job darling!

Love, Maggie_time :***

Post a Comment