Sunday, December 11, 2011

Our two-year-old alibi.


If you want something real, please stop reading it cause it'll be too fairy tale for you. What caused me to lose everything? I don't remember. So let's start by blaming something we all love. Music. Oh yes. We all love to point the finger at the media guy; love and lust; loss and gain. Suddenly everyone's surprised, why the rape? Why the killing? Why the violence? Oh yes, it's has got to be the music.


People have spent years blaming our favorite bands for everything. Let's spill the name; Thirty seconds to Mars. They blame this band because they are unable to blame themselves for not being there when they should have.
"You are obsessed with them, you should see a doctor." My mum said.
Really mum? Really? Maybe you should have seen a doctor a long time ago when your kid wasn't alright and was crying everyday for no apparent reason.



At times, I sit here in my room; I sit and think, what if I were left alone? Would I try and think up friends? Family? Goals? Dreams? And as I failed with each and every try, would chilling, fragile tears roll down my cheeks? Would I take them all for granted, or would I love them and cherish them with everything I've got? And as I grow up, will I ever feel love, sadness, joy, anger, success, frustration, accomplishment, dismay, betrayal? Would I ever grow up and become somebody?

After those two beautiful years, I have the answer. I am not alone. I found friends. And when I say friends, I don't mean some random people with whom you have a nice time and some fake laughs. No. I found friends that everytime I am down, they will get their ass off the chair and they will come and hug me and tell me everything is going to be alright. I found friends that I care for. I thank them for allowing me to enter their lives and even maybe make it a bit better with my existence. I just hope.

We share the same passion and dream with those people. Thirty seconds to Mars. We are different, yet we are one. Thirty seconds to Mars. We are beautiful and ugly at the same time and we love it. Thirty seconds to Mars.
We are sane and insane. We love Thirty seconds to Mars & we really mean this.


Love. Is it the feeling of warmth, comfort? This is what we feel for each other and this is what we feel for this band. This feeling rose during these two years even more. Do you know why?
Because this band which includes Jared, Shannon & Tomo (and not only) tried to visit every goddamn place in this world. They wanted to please each one of us, each member of their family. What's even better? THEY MADE IT.
I really don't know why you're still reading this, if you don't believe it.



Those people gave away more than 300 concerts for each one of you. Exclusively for you. For you who understand. I don't know if it's only just me, but everytime I attended a Thirty seconds to Mars show, I felt beautiful. I felt complete. I felt like I was actually doing someone for myself, something worth having.
You know how everyone is, these days; Striving for the perfect face, starving for the thinnest body. Crying as you shove the last burger bite into your mouth; after all, do you want to fail? Why are you still reading this? Not emotionally corrupted enough? Well then, let's keep on going.
Those people made us forget about all these. During these two years they helped us understand that you don't achieve perfection that way. Do you know what perfection is? If you don't love someone, you pretty much don't.


Perfection. Perfection is having a taste of your dreams. Jotting down the 'tick' sign next to every goal of yours. I wouldn't have known that if it wasn't for Thirty seconds to Mars. Someone had to tell me. They did. They were the first and only ones who actually cared to motivate their family to GET UP AND DO SOMETHING for themselves. They didn't earn anything from it. They only felt like it was their duty to help us, the Echelon.


Serious thought, what are you doing writing at 7:35 P.M. to the light of your iPod? It's not like you're hurt. Wait, are you? Isn't hurt just realization of failure? You can't know, because you never tried to fail. You can't help someone if you don't believe in them, and neither can Dr.Phil, Oprah, Montel Williams, no, not even Jerry Springer, and especially not you. Those men believed in us. So excuse me while I love the people who changed my worldview and helped me overcome my depression. Excuse me. Eventually you'll realize that everything is under your control as long as you open your eyes and see. See what you are good at. See what you are bad at. It'll save you time, I promise. There's a tear in your eye…



Make sure you have people you can fall back on. I have now. You know who you are. You are miles away and you might be sleeping now because we are in a different timezone. Who cares? We are still united through our admiration for this band. We have different visions, dreams, talents, turn-ons and offs but in the end, we are all the same. Somehow we all got corrupted at some point in our lives and thanks to these people and the 300+ memories they gave us, we are still back up again, kicking asses. Or at least we're making progress.


"My stupid mom hates me because she didn't get me the $2,000 sunglasses! I'm going to go and indulge in self mutilation." PAHHH-LEASE! Go play in traffic; and while you do that, I have some socks to wash.
Keep living your pathetic life where the only things that can make you 'happy' are THINGS. Not memories, not situations, not even people.
We learned how to live. You know, I see several people while I walk down the street and I observe every muscle of their face. Sad, sad sad. And a bit more sad.
They haven't LIVED. They haven't experienced that unconditional feeling that Thirty seconds to Mars managed to give us multiple times within those two years and I feel blessed. I feel blessed that not only I have experienced it, but I shared it with others too.



7:47 P.M. Why do I keep track of time you ask? Maybe my thoughts wake up at different times.
How long does it take to call someone your best friend? A year? Two? Thirteen? What if you don't see them for about five years?
I call the Echelon my best friends. I call those guys my best friends even if we don't really know each other. We have swapped feelings and experiences that I have never tried with the people I see everyday and I am sometimes forced to call friends.


Things can change in the span of two seconds, or they can stay the same for a long time and never change. The irony of FATE; It doesn't exist. You decide what happens. You will either finish reading this and do nothing about it or you will wake up the next day and write down the things you want to do before you die. Start tomorrow, make a list and start living your life because you have only one left to live. You say you've seen too much, lost too much. you say you've done so much it's useless to make an attempt -- but the sole reason for my existence is right in front of me.

To the Echelon:

Every single time I look over you, I just want to hug you and make sure you're comfy and do whatever else to make you feel alright. You are really, my number one. People think it has to be controversial, absurd, that I have to have a reason to say all these, but I really don't - we are the definition of survival. Regardless of how many disapprovals and scolding looks we got, we still came back to each other.

It's such a beautiful friendship, I'm getting all teary typing this. Fuck being a lawyer, an architect, a doctor - I've already done something with my life, I discovered the true meaning of friendship, the true meaning of passing all those mental barriers and actually fucking caring for someone to the core of your bones.


To Thirty seconds to Mars:

I will miss you. But that's okay, in the end, I think I needed to miss you to actually appreciate what you have done for us for all this time. I know you're here. I know you haven't left and fuck I'm not gonna let you. I love you so much and I wish you my best. My very very best, because even if I don't know you personally, I know you deserve it. You are the most hard-working people in the music industry and you have given us something precious. I don't think it has a name. Maybe it's better this way.


-------------------------------

So find yourself a friend and whisper to them all your secrets, all the fantasies you never tried to say out loud, let them wipe away all of your tears while you listen to Alibi.
I am only your mind; living, thinking, breathing and picturing all the things you never thought possible. And with that, I leave you here, in this place, in this state/province, in this country, on this planet, in this universe, and in this galaxy...until we meet again.

22 comments:

JoanafromMars said...

That was beautiful, Sophie. All I have to say is that I consider you my friend, even if we don't know each other, all we know is that we are echelon.

xxx

lilianna009 said...

Until we meet again

BurdenofMyDreams said...

I'm so fucking touched about your text...

You just decribe feelings i have to all of you Echelon. "All Echelon are united", fuck yeah & we never be separate.
Echelon means so much to me...I can't describe how much!
people think i'm completely crazy to speak with people i never seen, to bought Mars items cuz' it's too expensive for Band Merch items or to speak about 30STM everydays because a band is just to listening music.
FUCK YA!!! This band means so much to me & to all Echelon so i'm living with them & no matter what you says, I love them & sharing more with them than you ♥

Unknown said...

thats so beautiful and so true! <3

endofalldays said...

Sophie, I agree with you. Amazing words. You are just example for everyone, how to be an Echelon. I love you, thank you. A few years ago I was different person, I hated my life & wanted to die. Now.. I think I can say it loud: I HAVE FRIENDS, FAMILY. I LOVE MY LIFE. I feel good, I live my dreams & believe that someday I will get my revenge and make my dreams come true.

Thank YOU, Sophie & The Echelon and 30STM. You changed my life so much, I don't know, if I never met you, I would be probably dead from 2007. WE ARE ONE. ♥

Terri Oak said...

Wow...I just cried. I hope the boys read this, too. They need to see it. They have saved me as well, and we love them. We love the Echelon. We are family.

Nancy Marie said...

Very beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

zena said...

IN THIS FEW MINUETS I HAVE READ THE MOST AMAZING THING IN MY WHOLE LIFE I WISH I CAN GIVE YOU I BIG BIG HUG I WISH I CAN MEET YOU :)<3 AND I PROMS YOU THAT I WILL BE ALWAYS BESIDE YOU EVEN AND DIDN'T MEET YOU AND I HAVE EVER TALK TO YOU :) <3<3 AND THANK YOU FOR WRITING THIS AMAZING THING IT'S REALLY MADE ME FEEL THAT AM THE LUCKIEST GIRL IN THIS WORLD COZ I HAVE THE MOST AMAZING FAMILY IN THE WHOLE WORLD

Jenn said...

OMG Sophie! That was beautiful. It was like reading my own thoughts. I was worried about what it would be like when this would end but you reassured me that there is no end... this adventure, these feelings, this family... its all here in our hearts forever, for the rest of our lives. We share a special bond that we as Echelon will only understand. For the first time in my life I look forward to a bright & wonderful future. Thank you for sharing this Soph. We are not alone. We will never be alone again. I love you sister dear.

kirsten_93 said...

That was beautiful. I'm seriously crying your words are so ture. Just as Zena said, I am the luckiest person in the world and i am truley honoured that You sophie and all the echelon are my family, and I don't want to think of a world without you all. Marshug xo

Anonymous said...

So true. So fucking true. We are Echelon, we are family, we are friends. People who don't live what we lived can't understand what you're saying, but we do. Before i attend to one of their show i didn't know this type of love could exist. Like you said, during their shows we feel beautiful and entire. I think it's because of the energy, the energy of every single echelon around us. During a show we really become one. We can't name that, it's not real, it's a dream, who become our reality.
Marshugs (from paris :p) <3 !

CocoPammie said...

You're awesome Sophie. Such beautiful words. My tears were rolling down. I'm so proud I am Echelon! ♥ @JaredSlovakia

Fati_Mustafova said...

I have no words, only tears in my eyes...

JeiihDow said...

You've said all what was to say. You told what is the Echelon, what's this huge family with people from every countries, all around the globe. These feelings that you describe, are what an Echelon feels. You are my friend, yeah, cause we're Echelon, we're a family and all friends. Thank you for this texte and thank to Thirty Seconds to Mars for everything that make us the Echelon… ♥

Mithra2300 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mithra2300 said...

Wow... I was reading all these tweets that said people were crying and I couldn't understand why...
Until now. Just finished reading this, and I'm crying, too lol. Thank you for posting this... I wish I could tell you how much I really needed a friend right now... And you just made me realize: I have a million of them- I just have to reach out. Thank you for this, thank you so much. And thank you 30STM for saving my life earlier this year, like I'm sure you've done for so many other Echelon out there. I love my family here at home... but I feel like ya'll understand me way more than they ever could. Thanks to all of you crazy, amazing Mofos out there... I hope I get to know more of you on a more personal level very soon. And thank you Mars for giving me the opportunity. Love you guys, and can't wait UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN!

ColliX3 said...

Oh Sophie you said what my heart is thinking. You said what every Echelon (should) feel. I love this band. It's not only my favorite band it's my life and no band will ever give me that feeling. 30STM is not only a band...It's so much more... <3 Believe in your dreams and sometime the will come true! As Jared said it on Mars300. :DD I'm sooo proud to be an Echelon :D

Társila Lira said...

Sophie, you're amazing, like I've always told you, thanks for the tears that fell for my face now, they are not tears of sadness, but tears of know that i have the most amazing family in this world, I'm glad I'm a part of the Echelon and in my life I've met thirty seconds to mars, I've met the echelon. Thank you, to you all ♥

israelvvstm said...

I have read it with my mobile in the middle of the street and people asked me why I was crying. You wrote what every Echelon has felt/feels or will feel. We are a family and we are friends. My classmates don't understand what it feels to have the most incredible family in the world. They don't understand why I ''wasted'' some Friday evenings to stick some flyers or something like that.They don't understand my Mars' T-shirt,etc. But.I feel lucky of be part of this Family and most of all I REGRET NOTHiNG

Marshugs from @israelvvstm

Amira Pv said...

So true: We've only got a life, we need to live it the best we can. Some people will let us down, some will say they love us, and don't mean it, but what I've learned through this years is that out there there's someone who can call you their best friend, even if you feel like you're felling apart, someone will help you get back up again. What we really are is a FAMILY. A real family, best friends, brothers and sisters: WE ARE ONE
I speak for every echelon in the world when I say that 30 seconds to mars gave us strengh and made us believe in ourselves, and in our dreams, because dreams come true.
The first time I heard "Alibi", I must say it wasn't the best day of my life, it was really bad, actually. I was going to bed, put my headphones on, and played Alibi. There you see me: Lying in my bed, with tears rolling down my cheeks. And this happens every time I listen to it. It has really got a message. The same happens with Whas it a dream, A modern myth, from yesterday. But also with Valhalla, Occam's razor and every single song this guys have written
WHY? Because I know their message, I feel every single word sung, their words are so fucking inpiring...!
I thank you, my brothers and sisters, my best friends, I know I can count on every one of you, and I know you feel exactly the same, even we don't meet eachother: I love you, thank you
And thanks to my boys, 30 seconds to mars; because they give the strengh to get up, after a bad day or after I fell apart, because when I listen to their music, I know I'm not alone, I know that someone out there really cares.
They are my joy, they make me happy.
I don't care if they get too long to get back, I will miss them, that's true; But I think that is what will make their music more special. We will all be, for them when they need it, waiting
This will give us Time to apreciate their songs, from end to begining.
Again: THANK YOU ECHELONS! THANK YOU 30 SECONDS TO MARS; for EVERYTHING.
We will meet again, maybe in Mars, the moon, or in a Strange Land...
- Amira Vidal @AmiraPv

Karen Lobato said...

I cried reading it >< You´re a amazing sister.

Ualentina said...

Hi Sophie, I've just read this long post, I felt the rush to write a comment since I've been deeply touched by the wonderful thoughts you have expressed towards Echelon and 30STM.

I never had the chance to see them playing live so I haven't experience (yet) that particular feeling of being a whole family as you well described, nonetheless, what I observe reading through blogs, forums, social networks dedicated to our beloved band is the passion, the love and the support for each other, and I find this very beautiful…It’s amazing how 30STM’s music did make you realize what is important in life and get you out of bad times. That’s one of the many reasons I like these men, they spread a positive message, a sort of inspirational energy that gives you the strenght to carry on and pursue your goals. You say right, “we have only one life”, this is sooo damn true and savvy for a young girl like you! ;)

I see from the previous blog posts and from your twitter timeline that you work hard for the band and I wonder if the boys really know what you are doing…anyway, I don’t know you personally but I feel close to you and the Echelon, and I am glad to be part of this stunning, crazy and passionate family!

I take this chance to express my gratitude for everything you have done so far and, if this hadn't happened before, I wish you to meet the guys personally. Keep rocking girl!!

A big hug!

Valentina
@ualentina on Twitter

Post a Comment